Adorable, easy and completely customizable. Did I mention delicious? Kids love fruit rollups!
If you are looking for a fun project to do with your children for Valentine’s Day, this one is perfect. You will all get a little sticky, but the end result makes it worthwhile. You could even make these for the kids to hand out in school (if the school allows). Write a special note and place in a small clear plastic bag tied with red ribbon for a unique valentine!
- Circle cookie cutters work well to cut circles from the fruit roll-ups. Cut two circles from each roll-up removing scraps.
- Place two circles together directly on top of each other. Using two creates a sturdier fortune cookie.
- Cut thin rectangular strips from parchment paper (Don’t use regular paper, it will stick to the fruit roll-up).
- Using a red fine point permanent marker, write a message for each fortune cookie.
- Place a fortune in the upper half of each doubled fruit-roll-up circle.
- Fold up the bottom half of the fruit roll-up circles to meet the top – Gently pinch the ends together so it will keep its shape.
- Keeping your pointer finger in the bottom center of the fruit-roll up, carefully fold the two ends down with your thumb and middle finger, allowing the ends to meet.
recipe originally published in mommymusings.com